Final

If I don't take this course, I think I will never have a chance to write blogs. I feel it is a very interesting way to record my understanding. Through this course, I get to know a lot of things about art on different sides. Sometimes, I need to do brainstorm to come up with a great concept for my blog. It is an important process, and we want to make our concept attractive and meaningful. 

To talk about the most impressive thing, it would be the Gestalt Principles. This topic confused me for a long time, and I did a lot of research to write a blog. It is the most difficult one to understand among these topics that we have during this term. In the text, "Reversible figure/ground occurs when positive and negative elements attract our attention equally and alternately, coming forward, then receding, as our eye perceives one first a dominant and next as subordinate,"(Pg 86) this text is talking about one principle that people can have different results when they are seeing one picture. It is a figure inside of the figure. 

For this one, I saw a big tree, but if you watch carefully, you will find a gorilla and a white bear who are starring at each other. 


The second principle is similarity. "The principle of similarity states when things appear to be similar to each other we group them together. And we also tend to think they have the same function,"(https://www.usertesting.com/blog/gestalt-principles) This principle means that a picture has some same pattern or elements. 

10+ Similarity ideas | similarity, pictogram, design

https://www.pinterest.com/alex8242/similarity/

I do learn a lot about Gestalt principles and do some researches about it. Thus I have the impression of this topic the most.   


Comments

  1. The second photo throws me back to my childhood days when I would play online chess. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Framing

Point Line Plane

Diagram